What is the vigil?
What is the point of doing candlelight vigils around the country? What are the ideas behind it? What do we want it to accomplish?
- A pre-packaged event for local chapters that are trying to get started.
- A press opportunity
- Media attention both for local chapters and the national movement.
- Media attention on case
- An opportunity to capture video for an eventual FreeCulture.org video presentation.
- Chance to take pictures for local blogs
- A forum for people
- A chance to express how you feel
- Opportunity to learn more about the issue
How are we doing it?
What's the gameplan? Who's doing what? This is supposed to help our local chapters, so there's a limit to how much we can ask our local chapters to help us write stuff etc., but on the other hand some chapters are in better condition than others.
- Need to make care package for event
- Press release, flyers, graphics, slogans
- Need to attract press
- Local chapters may not be good at handling press yet, hold their hands
- Call nat'l press
- Blog it, make sure our contacts in the blogosphere blog it
Is this a good model? http://www.moveon.org/vigil/ Are there other models we can look at?