4 September 2005, 7 p.m. EST
Issues/concerns/suggestions about starting groups -- finding the time, coordinating efforts, flyering, and establishing leadership
Nelson, Sid, Nick, Karen, Cameron, Matt Price, Eldo
- Downhill Battle has offered to provide the physical backend for selling t-shirts, but Battle Cart needs to be installed first on our end.
- Web team members are needed, as well as any people who can help with our web backend.
- Nelson successfully recruited around 50-60 people at his events fair.
- Nelson wrote an editorial on the problems that copyright poses for theater, which drew a lot of interest from the theater department
- T-shirts have been sold, but not shipped.
- Currently there are no plans for a national campaign, but ideas for projects done at local chapters could be used by all the chapters.
- Jimbo Wales is touring around, and we could help him stop around campuses during Spring 2006.
- Free your PC event at University of Florida was successful.
Ideas and activities
- Collaborate with groups that deal with fine arts, music, cinema, etc.
- Approach school publications (creative and news), radio stations.
- Use media resources (on-campus radio and TV stations, etc.).
- For campuses that have music subscription services, take a look at EFF's DRM guide.
- Eldo needs a windows box with NetMeeting.