|Instant Messaging||Web Browsing||E-mail & News||
- Use your real name
- Register with whatever username you want
- Use your real name in the first and last name boxes
- Set identity on blog to "First Last" (Login -> Profile -> Identity on blog)
- Use "more" tag on long or graphic-heavy entries (button that you can click on in the "post" or "edit" pane)
- Graphics should be an FC.o-recommended format
- Use trackback
- Use links as appropriate
- Text style conventions: names, dates, etc.
- Layout style conventions: what HTML / CSS tags to use / not use, how to use them, etc.
- Content conventions: what "is" a blog post and what isn't -- i.e. what to write about (and what not)
- Launching FC.o campaigns
- Major media write-ups of FC.o or chapters
- NOT: local events of only local significance (write these in your local blog)
- NOT: your personal musings / ramblings (write these in your personal blog)
- There's a grey area here...
- NOT: pipe dreams, complaints, internal disputes, name-calling
- NOT: news stories without the FC.o context / "spin"
- Accentuate the positive: what's being done that's good? How are people fighting for what's right? How can you get involved / help out?