There are a few reasonable places to go from here:
- The detailed explanation of Web team responsibilities.
- The list of general Web team explainer documents.
- The list of Web team recipes, explaining how to do specific tasks with the tech we have.
- 1 Process
- 2 Active members (IRC username)
- 2.1 Asheesh Laroia (paulproteus)
- 2.2 Chris Wilkinson (cwilkin)
- 2.3 Abhay Kumar (aranis)
- 2.4 Karen Rustad (mllerustad)
- 2.5 Nelson Pavlosky (skyfaller)
- 2.6 Pascal Klein (klepas)
- 2.7 Scott Shawcroft (tannewt)
- 2.8 Matthew Vermeulen (MatthewV)
- 2.9 Parker Phinney (pyrak/gameguy43/teh_parkerer)
- 2.10 Tony Biondo (tonyb2007/tonyb2008/tonyb486)
- 2.11 Sawyer Pangborn (SPangborn)
- 2.12 Courtney Thurston (Cthurs)
- 2.13 Alec Story (astory)
- 3 Meetings
- 4 Theoretical members
- 5 See also
- 6 External links
- Active members should idle on #freeculture whenever possible.
- For statements that need to be recorded, like when you make a change server-side, always send an e-mail to the webteam mailing list. It's important we all have a copy of such things for reference.
- Active members should be part of our Launchpad bug tracking network! If you are not already a member see Webteam Bug Tracking.
Active members (IRC username)
Asheesh Laroia (paulproteus)
Web Team Leader: I run this shop.
- Contact info: See http://www.asheesh.org/
- Wants to do: sysadmin tasks, database maintenance
- I am responsible for making sure the server stays up. That means that if it's down, you talk to me first. I'll file support tickets with whoever upstream.
- Can do: Program in Python, hack PHP and Ruby and Perl
- May learn: anything...?
- Does not want to do: web design.
- Time commitment: As little as necessary. See also the three virtues.
Chris Wilkinson (cwilkin)
- Speciality: Organization, Graphic Design
- Time Commitment: As much as needed
- Wants to: Return from being a wandering vagrant to actually accomplishing things again.
Abhay Kumar (aranis)
Mercenary Geek: I'm like an an 'observer state' at the UN. I can be tasked as necessary.
- Wants to do: growth vision (aka 'brand management', including design and presence), coding tasks.
- Can do: program in php / ruby
- May learn: as needed
- Does not want to do: TBD
- Time commitment: Few hours a week. I have a full time job plus my few hours a week reserved for Wordpress leaves a few more hours to sleep, eat, etc.
Karen Rustad (mllerustad)
- Contact info: User:Karen
- Wants to do: Graphics, web design, basic maintenance
- Can do: Draw pretty things, edit content, work with mailing lists, write HTML, write CSS cannibalize other existing code
- May learn: PHP
- Does not want to do: Things that are over my head, unless someone can teach me how
- Time commitment: Couple hours a week. Also dealing with the Core Team.
Nelson Pavlosky (skyfaller)
Liaison with the Board of Directors
- Contact info: User:Skyfaller
- Wants to do: General goal-setting, finding/reporting bugs
- Can do: content editing, distributing passwords and privileges, giving new web team members tours of the website's internals, basic maintenance
- Does not want to do: any web development or design
- Time commitment: FreeCulture.org is my life, but I don't want to be involved with the web team, I want to work on other parts of the org. The web team needs to free me up for other jobs.
Pascal Klein (klepas)
Aspired digital pixel junkie (read: graphic designer)
- Contact info: User:Klepas
- Wants to do: graphic and web design, general management
- Can do: Gimping, Inkscaping, some CSS and XHTML
- May learn: Blendering, Python and/or PHP and more CSS
- Does not want to do: anything I can't or someone else could do much better.
- Time commitment: a few hours a week.
Scott Shawcroft (tannewt)
Aspiring free culture guru and artist supporter.
- Contact info: User:tannewt
- Wants to do: website programming and general promotion.
- Can do: PHP, Python, MySQL
- May learn: Stuff I don't know currently.
- Doesn't want to do: graphics.
- Time commitment: a few hours a week.
Matthew Vermeulen (MatthewV)
- Contact info: User:MatthewV
- Wants to do: Web stuff - site building design etc.
- May learn: what I need to know for whatever I'm working on ;)
- Doesn't want to do: Hmm.. ask me to do something and find out
- Time commitment: hours during holidays, minutes otherwise
Parker Phinney (pyrak/gameguy43/teh_parkerer)
Freelance Web Developer
- Contact info: User:gameguy43
- Wants to do: Simple PHP maintenance / semanticize xhtml and css / organize web team
- Can do: PHP, SQL, XHTML, CSS, beginning to dabble in JS
- May learn: JS, especially unobtrusive DOM-utilizing methods
- Doesn't want to do: invalid html. use messy code. i like clean
- Time commitment: this is on the high end of my list of priorities. ping me and i can take care of it, provided i don't have a physics test the next day.
Tony Biondo (tonyb2007/tonyb2008/tonyb486)
- Contact info: User:tonyb
- Wants to do: PHP, CSS, Python, Linux/unix administration
- Can do: PHP, SQL, XHTML, CSS, Python minimal JS
- May learn: JS
- Doesn't want to do: No felonys.
- Time commitment: I'm incredibly bored most of the time and an IRC addict, highlight me on IRC - please!
Sawyer Pangborn (SPangborn)
Graphics/Web aficionado, musician and general geek
- Contact info: User:spangborn
- Wants to do: PHP, XHTML, CSS, JS
- Can do: Java, Bash Scripting, Simple PHP, XHTML/CSS Validation/Coding, Graphics Work
- May learn: Advanced PHP, SQL, JS
- Doesn't want to do: I guess we'll find out.
- Time commitment: A few hours a week, when I'm not busy being a Computer Science major
Courtney Thurston (Cthurs)
- Contact info: User:Curston
- Wants to do: General maintenance, anything else needed
- Doesn't want to do: Remains to be seen. I'm not so adept to graphic design, so I suppose nothing of that nature.
- Time commitment: Usually online.
Alec Story (astory)
- Contact info: User:Meteorswarm
- Wants to do: helping!
- Can do: coding, debugging, emailing, nagging
- May learn: webinating
- Doesn't want to do: CSS
- Time commitment: whatever I've got to spare
- Abhay Kumar (New York University)
- Andy Scudder (University of Evansville)
- Antti Vilpponen
- Aphid Stern (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Asheesh Laroia (Johns Hopkins University)
- Ben Blonder (Swarthmore College)
- Cameron Parkins (University of Southern California)
- Chris Butts (Washington University in St. Louis)
- Desirina Boskovich (Emory University)
- Downhill Battle
- Eldo Varghese (University of Florida)
- Erek Dyskant (Swarthmore College)
- Eric Bailey (Mounds Park Academy)
- Gavin Baker (University of Florida)
- J.C. Jones (University of Florida)
- Karen Rustad (Claremont Consortium)
- Matt Lee
- Miles Skorpen (Swarthmore College)
- Nelson Pavlosky (Swarthmore College)
- Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock (Franklin & Marshall College)
- Rebekah Baglini (Bryn Mawr College)
- Rob Matthews (Swarthmore College)
- Sophie Hwang (Cornell University)
- Sawyer Pangborn (University of Utah)
- Website documentation
- Hosting chapters
- Intro To Web Team
- Website road map X (didnt really happen, probably not appropriate for this project)
- Web Team/Status X (historical)
- Web Team to-do list X (we use launchpad instead)