(Redirected from 2007-09-20)
IMPORTANT: Develop a user-friendly chapter/contact registration form
We really need to find out each contact's t-shirt size yesterday, so that we can ship t-shirts. Finishing the chapter/contact registration system would be extremely helpful, can we get it done like today?
- The new form must replicate the functionality of the old form, including:
- Sending an e-mail to email@example.com every time someone registers, containing the content of the registration form.
- Automatically subscribing each "contact" to the Chapters list (or at least automatically sending an e-mail requesting a subscription).
- The new form should make it drop dead easy for a contact to edit their own information, and similarly easy to edit their own chapter's info.
- We need to add a field for each "contact" to put in their own t-shirt size. Since many people have already registered without putting in their t-shirt size, we need them to edit their own contact info to include their t-shirt size.
- There needs to be a slightly more user-friendly backend for admins, I think... the current system is a little hard to navigate.
Chapter webspace in general, blogs in particular
- Swarthmore needs to get its blog moved to FC.o right away, it's been spammed to death and ruined.
- What would the ideal chapter blog look like? Let's make a model blog (based on UF's blog?) and make every new chapter website spawn with those default features.
- Are there chapters who want webspace who don't have it yet? How can we make it drop dead easy to get hosting with us for your chapter?
Possible agenda items
- Semantic MediaWiki (grahl + paulproteus)
- Chapter registration / automation
- Your point of interest
- Move increasingly toward OpenID integration with freeculture.org
- Use ticketing system as suggested on Launchpad
- Fixes for Wordpress Importer