New Board of Directors
For those who haven't heard, we have a new 4-person board. Please welcome Karen and Elizabeth! I'd like to get the board together in one place at some point over winter break, which I'll discuss with Karen and Elizabeth (Karen expresses interest).
OK, so we registered like 26 chapters. Now what?
- We need to officially list them on our website. Is Joe working on that database thing? If not, can we just do it some other way?
- We should talk to everyone and get a one paragraph status report for the end of the year. (Like UAEM did.)
We need to give shirts to our chapters, and we need to sell shirts for money.
- We need to work with Downhill Battle to get the shirts in their webstore.
- We need to reorder shirts, because we're out of L it seems, and we never had XL at all.
We'd like to get some stuff actually written over winter break. Now that we have a serious board of directors maybe we can knock this stuff off.
- Policy paper
- Mission statement
- Research other student movements? We're not the first student organization ever, we should stop reinventing the wheel. Let's find out what other people have done well and steal it. Build upon the past, dude.
So at Swarthmore we're planning this pirate-themed party, and we'd like to get people from the internet to make pirate music videos that we can dance to. This may be something that others are interested in replicating at their schools. We should do a website. Hosting the videos may be a problem, if they're mashups Archive.org may not like them, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
People not interested in the NYC summit can leave at this point.