- To encourage the Free Culture membership to consider the broader purpose and impact of its work.
- To identify and make transparent the diversity we embody
- To provide a guiding tool for future decision-making
- (5/26) Working group at the FC National Conference
- (5/27) Call for vision statements to Free Culture chapters
- (7/11) Deadline for submitting formal vision statements (see below)
- (7/18) Delivery of organized, formal vision statements to the community by Kevin Driscoll
- Include a list of 1-3 specific goals
- Compose a narrative paragraph describing the world in free culture terms after several years of success
- How does your ideal 2012 differ from today?
- How is your day-to-day existence different?
- What does a city look like?
- How have the lives of your parents and friends changed?
- What does it feel like to live in a more free culture?
- Does it smell different? Sound different?
- Please write in your preferred language. We will concern ourselves with translation later.
Please create a title for your vision and add it to the bulleted list below.
- Sample Vision
- Stepping out of the shadow
- User:Benjamin Mako Hill/Vision
- Goals for the Free Culture Movement
Alternatively, you may email your vision statement to Kevin Driscoll via driscollkevin (at) gmail.com. Anonymous submissions are graciously accepted.