See the Summit 2006 press release!
Schedule of Events
- 4pm - Check-in begins... frisbee and other games on the lawn if the weather is nice
- 6pm - pizza dinner for students
- 6:45pm - Screening of "Free Culture" documentary
- 7pm - Panel
- 9pm Reception, Welcome from the FC.o Board
- 10pm Pirate Party!!!
Actually, we'll chain the workshops throughout the day so that you're never forced to choose. You can always skip one if you really need an hour off.
9:30am - BREAKFAST
- 10am - Alex Curtis of Public Knowledge
- 11am - Derek Slater of EFF
- noon - Holmes Wilson of Downhill Battle
1pm - LUNCH and talk with Tim Burke about Google Print etc.
- 1:45 PM: How to Work With Your Library: a brainstorming session facilitated by Swarthmore and UPenn librarians
- 2:45pm - Prometheus Radio on wireless / LPFM
- 3:45pm - Audio and Video remixing with Karen Rustad and Rob Matthews - double-header!
5:15 - 6:00 - DINNER
- 6:00pm - Fred Benenson with Creative Commons
- 6:45pm - Elizabeth Stark on the International Free Culture Movement
7:30pm - Lightning Talks
Lightning talks are 5 minute speeches that anyone can do on any subject (so long as it's relevant to free culture / this summit). We will do eleven in an hour (or 16 in 90 minutes if enough sign up). Sign up!
- Nelson Pavlosky - Share fun games with your friends... game rules can't be copyrighted
- Benjamin Horst - on his current project, WikiPages.com
- 8:30pm? - OPEN MIKE - Nelson, Justin and others want to rock out for a bit, and it's been determined that it is better to do this after the lightning talks. Location needs to be determined... perhaps it should be relocated to Sci 199.
- Justin Barca - "Chant Down Free Culture" - a Free Culture-inspired blast of poetry/song...
- Nelson & Luke - a mashup of some old popular tunes
- 10pm - LAN party in Sci199
Sunday: Planning for future
- 10am - Breakfast
- 10:30am - State of FreeCulture.org
- 11am - Plan regional events, e.g. Copynight Philadelphia
- 12pm - Funding the Movement: Grant Writing Strategies
1pm - LUNCH - Future of the Movement Roundtable Discussion
- 2pm - National coordination/organization
- 3pm - Awards ceremony
- 3:30pm - Go home?