What Are The Home Remedies For Leg Cramps Relief?
Charley horse or leg cramp is not a happy experience for anyone. Leg cramps can be painful. They even attack the situation when you nap and you walk up with a severe reaction because this may be painful. Leg cramps are likely to be associated with muscle fatigue and nerve dilemmas. The risk of having leg cramps increases with age and night cramps are most common at this age. Whereas these cramps can be prevented. In this article, you will get knowledge about leg cramps and home remedies to prevent it.
What are the causes of leg cramps?
- Exercising, injury, or overuse of muscles.
- Revelation to cold temperatures, especially to cold water.
- Other medical serving problems, like blood flow problems, peripheral arterial disease, diabetes, spinal stenosis, kidney disease, thyroid disease, chronic venous insufficiency, and multiple sclerosis.
- Standing or sitting on a hard surface for a long time, or putting your legs in awkward positions while you sleep or sitting.
- Not having enough potassium, calcium, magnesium, and other required minerals in your blood.
- Being dehydrated, which means that your body has lost too much fluid so drink plenty of water.
- Taking certain drugs, such as antipsychotics, intravenous iron, birth control pills, diuretics, statins, and steroids.
- What are the home remedies for leg cramps treatment?
What helps leg cramps? The following home remedies can help from leg cramps.
Drink enough amounts of water
Drink lots of water and other fluids, just so that your urine is light yellow or clear like water. You might be dehydrated and can prevent any kidney diseases. Drinking more water, on an empty stomach, can have more benefits. Limit or avoid drinks with alcohol.
When you are in the warm weather or winter season, the consumption of potassium decreases, and leg cramps may happen. So the best way to increase this includes potassium-rich ingredients in your food. As we sweat we burn potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte and helps to flow the blood in the veins problem, thus you have eliminated leg cramps.
Potassium is the rich electrolyte ingredient, the same as magnesium is to supply minerals to the muscle so that you have fewer night cramps. Include magnesium ingredients like organic leafy greens or nuts in the foods or supplements.
- Stretching muscles every day especially before and after exercise or high power activities and at bedtime.
- Not in a single day increase the number of exercises. Inverse your exercises slowly. Limit the number of eccentric exercises.
- Take a daily multivitamin supplement.
- Wear properly fitted shoes.
Generally, leg cramps will disappear a few times ( in minutes). But if you have ongoing leg cramps, your need to seek an emergency doctor. Because this situation can serve various health issues. However, there is no medication or treatment for cramps. But still, the leg cramps treatment near me can help you to get rid of these and get leg cramp relief. The above home remedies can also help to prevent leg cramps.