Difference between revisions of "Archive:2005-02-02"
(Wednesday call on video project, open access, meetings, DRM, orphaned works, CC P2P project)
Revision as of 05:38, 3 February 2005
On the call: Amanda, Eric, Nelson, Gavin, Nick, Elizabeth, Andy, Ben Li
- where are we?
- Who's in charge? Mike or Jeremy?
- What's going on with the story board?
- Need framework for clubs?
- Still shooting for getting footage to Jeremy/Mike by Feb. 13.
- When sending clips, include info about local campus (see video page)
- February 25 deadline for editing (day of Colin's first performance)
Creative Commons P2P idea
- not much work required
- need press releases
- need to make a blog post announcing initiative
- Link to Wired CD, CC Copy Me/Remix Me
- Stuff from Open CD (see thread on Discuss list) Undead Art entries, Archive.org
- we still need text (need to make sure people are aware they don't have to hit all questions asked by the copyright office; why it's important, help others see how it affects them; we need to break it down for people).
- link to other resources on orphaned works (http://eldred.cc/)
- Amanda and Gaving will work on the text
- Elizabeth will try to get in contact with professors who really know the subject
- there was discussion of offering canned comments
- is volume or diversity better?
- should we just get suggestions and ideas?
- we need more information; we need to talk to PK or someone who has experience with this. Nelson will ask PK.
- tell the copyright office to adopt orphans, find parents for these orphans, etc.
- DEADLINE/GOAL: Go live on Monday, announce with press releases.
- From now on, we'll include meeting attendance in the meeting minutes
- We'll also post agendas to the wiki before meetings
- Ideally, the agenda will be at least partially set during the previous meeting
- One call a week, Sundays at 3PM.
- We'll have ad hoc calls for individual projects throughout the week
- Office hours ONLY when needed.
- If you can't make a call you should post to the Wiki.
- The wiki is a forum
- DON'T BE AFRAID TO CHANGE THINGS ON THE WIKI!
- "Be bold!" - Gavin
- What can we actually do? * Could this be worked into the CC campaign?
- Can we get something off the ground in the next few months that is not too labor intensive and that people will understand?
- Should we stick to the broadcast flag or shift the focus DRM in general (which might be more applicable to the general public)?
- Could this have some connection with EFF's "Endangered Gadgets"?
- We simply can't do this campaign in Feb.
- DECISION: Revisit at first call in March.
- we continued to discuss which groups/orgs we should try to get our schools to sign onto.
- E.g., Geneva declaration on the future of WIPO.
- there was discussion of RMS's response that Nelson sent out to the mailing list
- we can move forward in parallel
- we should blog our concerns on this
- everyone should read and consider
General purpose pamphlet
- We want to get an editable version of the NYU flier ASAP (so Nelson and Elizabeth can use it at the Yale conference coming up later this month)