Difference between revisions of "Archive:2005-03-13"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Agenda by [[User:nicholasbs|Nick]]
Agenda by [[User:nicholasbs|Nick]]
Revision as of 06:57, 12 March 2005
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 About page
- 1.2 Blogshine aggregator
- 1.3 Signing on to Budapest Initiative, Geneva Declaration
- 1.4 FAQ
- 1.5 Legislation
- 1.5.1 OPEN Government Act
- 1.5.2 Verified Voting
- 1.5.3 Family Entertainment and Copyright Act
- 1.5.4 Local Community Radio Act
- 1.6 Conference call day/time
- 2 Minutes
Agenda by Nick (with much copied from Gavin's agenda for last week)
- Gavin and Nelson have gotten a good start on an About page for FC.o. Please take a couple minutes before the call and review their work. Also make sure to check out the Talk:About page
From Gavin's e-mail to the list: "You can join Blogshine Sunday by writing in your blog about open government and how it relates to you. The Blogshine Sunday blog will aggregate and link to the postings."
...Oh, we're aggregating them, are we? Well, crap. What I wrote on blogshine.org was for people to *trackback* their entry to the blogshine blog -- not aggregating, per se. But, now that I think about it -- why not? Rather than showing the blogshine blog, why not just show all the entries that others have written?
- Can we do this?
- Who will do this?
Signing on to Budapest Initiative, Geneva Declaration
We could avoid a lot of the clueless e-mails and flames that we get (which we have to respond to) if we had a good FAQ on the website.
OPEN Government Act
Openness Promotes Effectiveness in our National Government Act of 2005 (S. 394), sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Sen. Pat Leahy (D-Vt.). In Senate Judiciary Committee, expected hearing mid-March.
- Copyfight, Feb. 18, 2005
- Media Law, Media Law, Feb. 16, 2005
- Library Law, Feb. 17, 2005
- Law Librarian Blog, Feb. 25, 2005
- Newhouse News Svc., Feb. 17, 2005
- The text of more endorsement letters is available in the public record of the bill's introduction
- American Association of Law Libraries
- American Civil Liberties Union, Feb. 16, 2005
- American Library Association
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Associated Press Managing Editors
- Association of Health Care Journalists
- Center for Democracy & Technology
- Coalition of Journalists for Open Government
- Committee of Concerned Journalists
- Education Writers Association
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Federation of American Scientists/Project on Government Secrecy
- Free Congress Foundation/Center for Privacy & Technology Policy
- Freedom of Information Center, University of Missouri
- The Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas
- The Heritage Foundation/Center for Media and Public Policy
- commentary, Feb. 16, 2005
- Information Trust
- National Conference of Editorial Writers
- National Freedom of Information Coalition
- National Newspaper Association
- National Security Archive/George Washington University
- Newspaper Association of America, Feb. 16, 2005
- People for the American Way
- Project on Government Oversight, Feb. 16, 2005
- Radio-Television News Directors Association
- The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Society of Environmental Journalists
Count Every Vote Act
S 450, sponsored by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and 5 co-sponsors. In Senate Committee on Rules and Administration.
In House, HR 939, sponsored by Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-Ohio). "Referred to the Committee on House Administration, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned."
- Computerworld, Feb. 28, 2005
Voting Integrity and Verification Act
HR 704, sponsored by Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-NV) and Rep Shelley Berkley (D-NV). In House Committee on House Administration.
- Computerworld, Feb. 9, 2005
Voter Confidence and Increased Accessibility Act
HR 550, sponsored by Rep. Rush Holt (D-N.J.) and 102 co-sponsors. In House Committee on House Administration.
Family Entertainment and Copyright Act
This dinosaur has been kicking around for a while. Can someone who understands government-ese interpret where this bill is actually at?
Local Community Radio Act
S 312, sponsored by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and 2 co-sponsors. In Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation.
Conference call day/time
- Should we (briefly) discuss if we should change the day and/or time of the conference calls?