Yay Core team Meetings!
Basically we're going to repeat the agenda from 2005-12-04 since none of it was really resolved last time due to low attendance. Hopefully this will be better attended since people are generally done with finals.
Attendance: Gavin, Nelson, Andy Scudder, Erek, Karen Rustad, Sahal Ansari
New Board of Directors
- Now features: Nelson, Gavin, Karen, and Elizabeth
- Fred is being considered for a seat on the board as well
What this means
- The Board of Directors is the new decision-making body, instead of the core team
- A majority of its members must approve any course of action before it can be taken
- This makes a smaller body that is accountable and makes binding decisions, and that can easily be consulted to communicate the intent behind their decisions
- An even number of members of the board introduces the possibility of tied votes, but this is acceptable for now.
- Fred may join the board if he is able to stay involved on the national level.
Things for the Board to Do
- Write the policy documents (mission statement, etc.) that we need.
- Formalize how new chapters are registered and recognized, including criteria for recognizing chapters.
- Formalize the rules for choosing board members
- Hold the first in-person board meeting January 4-7 at Harvard
- Final drafts for crucial documents will be completed by the end of this meeting