Difference between revisions of "Archive:2006-04-09"

From FreeCulture.org
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda for board meeting)
m (Board Meeting: Fundraising, timing of meeting)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
=Board Meeting=
 
=Board Meeting=
 +
Board meeting at 4pm in [[IRC]]... feel free to listen in, but only the board is supposed to be talking.
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 18: Line 19:
 
* Time to start writing grants!
 
* Time to start writing grants!
 
* Can we fix this damned t-shirt situation?
 
* Can we fix this damned t-shirt situation?
 +
** We can have Holmes bring all of our t-shirts to the summit with him, which solves the "DHB needs to do something with our t-shirts but they're busy" problem.  But then what?
 +
** Where should our t-shirts be sold from and shipped from?  CC?
 +
** Can we print more t-shirts in more sizes, e.g. L and XL?  Can it be done in time for the summit?
 +
* Can we sell things other than t-shirts?
  
 
=== 501(c)3 ===
 
=== 501(c)3 ===

Revision as of 17:20, 9 April 2006

One of many meetings!

Board Meeting

Board meeting at 4pm in IRC... feel free to listen in, but only the board is supposed to be talking.

Agenda

By-laws / succession

Gavin has announced his intention to leave the board at the end of this semester. How are we going to replace him?

  • I propose that each chapter get one vote (perhaps with something more complicated like preference voting, but no chapter is more important than any other). This makes sense because FreeCulture.org is more of a confederation of local clubs than a national organization with membership, and I see no reason to change that. We have an official system for recognizing official chapters, but no system for recognizing individual members.
    • One might object that bigger chapters should count for more, but I beg to differ. Since FreeCulture.org's primary purpose (for the forseeable future) is to help new chapters get started, it makes sense to give new/small chapters, which need more help, a slight advantage in deciding who would be best at helping them out.

Summit

How much of the national budget should we burn on this conference? Swarthmore is covering speakers, our club members will cover housing, so nothing to worry about there.

  • Meals - Swarthmore may only be able to pay for a couple of meals over the weekend... should we cover the rest of the meals, or should we leave people to fend for themselves for the remaining meals?
  • Travel - We've told people who are coming from far away that we will subsidize their travel expenses (but not cover them in their entirety). The question is, how much of our budget are we willing to use for this purpose? All of it? Where is our money going to come from once this grant runs out?

Fundraising

  • Time to start writing grants!
  • Can we fix this damned t-shirt situation?
    • We can have Holmes bring all of our t-shirts to the summit with him, which solves the "DHB needs to do something with our t-shirts but they're busy" problem. But then what?
    • Where should our t-shirts be sold from and shipped from? CC?
    • Can we print more t-shirts in more sizes, e.g. L and XL? Can it be done in time for the summit?
  • Can we sell things other than t-shirts?

501(c)3

Any progress? Can we make this progress more quickly?

Minutes

General Meeting

Agenda

Minutes