Difference between revisions of "Archive:2007 Workshops/Models for Artists and Creators"
m (Eloquence moved page 2007 Workshops/Models for Artists and Creators to Archive:2007 Workshops/Models for Artists and Creators)
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Latest revision as of 00:15, 12 August 2016
National Free Culture Conference 2007
Working Group 2: Models for Artists and Creators
What models can best enable artists to create free culture in a sustainable way?
- Date & Time: 05.26.07, 5:45 PM
- Location: Austin Hall (West), Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Workshop Leaders: Ben Sisto and Rebecca Rojer
General Flow of Workshop
- [5:45] Quick introductions. Who are the workshop leaders & why are they taking part?
- [5:50] Who is taking part in the workshop, and what are some main interests / motivations?
- [6:00] Start Talking! Open to all directions, but some general questions to keep in mind:
- What is art?
- How is art made?
- What is the social value of art?
- What is the monetary value of art?
- How do artists make money?
- How does one's artistic focus impact their potential outlook on licensing?
- (example: Painter Vs. Conceptual Artist Vs. Textile Arts)
- [6:30] Start wrapping up, make closing points, brainstorm list of resources and further reading
- [6:40] Select someone to present information back to large group later on
Ben Sisto / Email / AIM: bensisto
- Booking & Promotions Manager, The Milky Way
- Freelance Blogger, The Weekly Dig
- MySpace page
- Flicker Page
- Quote "Thank you for being patient with my poor Wiki-editing skills!
Rebeca Rojer / Email
- Student, Harvard University
Note: I added this list, but didn't have time to check names, get full names, emails.. please update as needed! - Ben Sisto
- Jacob Quinn (musician)
- Annie (documentary film maker)
- Martin (Programmer who has worked on Gimp / Inkscape)
- Mike Dace (Graphic designer)
- Sharron (Lawyer, artist)
- Jordan (Reporter, starting magazine)
- Chris (Antenna Alliance, Northeastern University Free Culture)
- Eric (Antenna Alliance)
- Ryan (Art Interactive, WGBH, artist)
- Marc (Ethnomusicologist)
- Paul Irish (Web developer, MP3 blogger)