If you put your ?def into jibot, it makes introductions go a LOT faster. If you have no idea what this means, we'll explain in the meeting :)
How separate should the Volunteers be from the Core Team? The bylaws clearly state who will have voting power on the Core Team, and there will be a number of people who are interested in volunteering for SFC who clearly cannot have decision-making power. Does that mean the Volunteers should be able to meet at a different time instead of immediately after the Core Team? Should they have a separate mailing list, or hang out on the Core Team list even if they can't vote? Which is worse, information fragmentation or confusion between the two groups?
Do we want to keep this meeting time for the foreseeable future? It won the Doodle poll, but it does screw over non-US people...
Progress with cleaning up wiki/consolidating activist packet
I deleted/marked as deprecated a good lot of pages and put some stuff together on the Chapter Kickstarter. However, there's a lot of missing links and some of it's skeletal, and I'm sure other people have plenty of other advice and resources to add to it. If you see any other chapter packet-type pages, strip their unique content to put here and delete them. If you want to add new material to this page, please do! We can edit for brevity and make things pretty later.
Task Management Software
Parker installed ProjectPier at http://freeculture.org/projectpier/ . Let's poke around a bit and see if it's what we're looking for (as an open-source alternative to basecamp).
What didn't we get to cover this meeting that should be placed on the agenda for next meeting? (This is a good way to make these agendas more participatory.)
Volunteer until everyone leaves!
Actually get work done instead of just talking about it.
- Hendrik Grahl (Florida Free Culture) [voting]
- Karen Rustad (FC 5C) [voting]
- Nelson Pavlosky (board alumnus) [not voting]
- Parker Phinney (Chadwick Free Culture) [voting]
- Cole Ott (Chadwick Free Culture) [not voting] [also, he timed out halfway through]
--brief intermission while Nelson slays a troll--
new meeting schedule
- core meetings every other week, with ability to call other meetings to address pressing matters
- informal volunteer jam sessions after core meetings
- volunteer meetings every first week
- this satisfies the bylaws, which stipulate that the core needs to meet at least twice a month
- 3 votes in favor, none against.
- move meetings to sunday at 4pm EST. maybe.
- Karen and Nelson are going to ping some people and see if this move makes sense.
- better announce meetings
- 1 email 4,3,2 days before. then one the day of.
- Parker, as vice chair, promises to help get on this as well
- ask the webteam to set up a calendaring system
PASSED (kind, bug's already here