This is an adhoc meeting in IRC to teach people how to use the SFC email accounts.
Attendance: skyfaller, mllerustad, conley, and ftobia
We all use Thunderbird, yay! So, in Thunderbird:
- Go to "Add account"
- Select email account
- Name for outgoing mail: Students for Free Culture
- First address we're setting up: email@example.com
- Type of email server: IMAP
- Username: newgroup
- Password: (ask Nelson) :p
- Go to mailbox settings, then server settings, then select 'TLS if available'
Goal with this inbox: turn interested contacts and baby chapters into registered, approved, happy(?) chapters!
Make sure you have the stars column set in your Thunderbird. Stars are for messages at 1.) require a reply and 2.) have not been replied to.
There are four folders associated with this inbox:
- Junk - All the random spam that Thunderbird lovingly culls.
- Registration - auto-emails from our registration form go here.
- RepliedTo - for stuff that does not require more replies, e.g. the chapter has been registered and approved, and all is peachy.
- SpamProbably - Sometimes people think that we actually give chapters money and try to scam us. How amusing.