- August 12th, 2009 1pm EST
- Conference Call
- wiki integration
- Change "Chapter News" > "News"
- Add Free Culture News?
- How to integrate video
- investigate cool WP plug-ins (specifically with an eye towards dynamic content)
- Ben will install TwitterTools
CONTENT IS KING
- Blog Posts: increase frequency up to 2x/week
- Chapter News(featured)
- Real-time discussion: view of either of twitter (cultivate #freeculture) or of Forum/fcdicuss
- Free Culture News: get in sync with Conley (talk about which issues we would make commentary on)
- blip.tv videos from the conference
- Free Culture channel on Miro
- Player that supports .ogg and .mp4 (Ben to look into a partnership with Kaltura?)
- Twitterfication (Ben to set up twitter action)
- Identica (Parker will investigate integration)
New Chapter Certification
- Draft a new e-mail to new chapters - respond to the 3 new chapters (Parker>Alabama, Kevin>Kenya, Christina>GWU)
- welcome, let's schedule a call for general QA
- Christina to reach out to web team to get in sync with web team on their workflow
What would the ideal process look like?
- Draft a form letter
- Then we speak with them on the phone
- Then we send them "Year Zero" - (launch September 1st) wiki.freeculture.org/Year_one
- Christina to create 11x17 posters for events
- Get group to come up with a list of people who we could reach out to in advance to ask if they would be willing to speak at chapter events - break out the list by region. have bios in advance - 200 words. also have their availability.
Reaching out to existing chapters
- One time early in the year to let them know what we are doing
- One time in October for news to create a chapter newsletter
- After the first call, create internal announce list - for "all-org" communications that should not go to the public. "In order to be eligible for travel grants for the next conference your chapter needs to be on the internal announce list"
- Update contact information for each chapter following calls / review or remove dead chapters
- Grant proposal: could we get sponsored by a Linux provider for the OU project. Re-open the list and add people.
- Capacity: Research assistants, web developer to do open university,
- 501c3: mystery bank account - Driscoll will initiate bank account and fill out paperwork in CA.
- Bad processes/workflows/things to kill -- make a note and break out later
- Good processes/workflows/things to revive -- compile list of old campaigns, after, review for ones to redo
- Ben to go through the list of partners and call for them to sign off on it / get their involvement as advisors
- Need separate meetings for OU (including the people on the OU list)
- Put a call for help on the blog and circulate to get as many hands on deck as possible: statistician, point system expert, etc.
- OU Call at 1PM tomorrow