Difference between revisions of "Archive:Board12/Elections"
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 01:21, 30 April 2012
THE BOARD HAS BEEN OVERHAULED.
Here's the scoop:
Each board seat is responsible for coordinating one of the below working groups. Some working groups may be just one person, in which case the coordinator would just take on all of its responsibility. But ideally we will have a healthy group of volunteers at the national level, and the board will simply be in charge of making sure that things run smoothly. Having a board member coordinating each of these groups ensures that there is some "last line of defense" and a clear set of responsibilities that ensure that each of these roles are filled.
We'll use 5 selectricity elections--one for each role.
- 1 week for nominations (can self-nominate) (ends 5/12)
- 1 week to write platforms (ends 5/19) – platforms must be posted by the 12th
- 1 week for chapters to vote (ends 5/26)
It's likely that these positions will help coordinate "working groups" of other SFC members per the position's duties. After the election, one new member of the Board will be nominated as Pointperson, so they will be responsible for coordinating the Board.
- monetary things
- Outreach & Campaign Coordinator
- Survey for regional, national, and global campaign ideas/projects
- Alumni reachout/spreadsheet
- Reach out with nonprofits
- Chapter & New Member Coordination
- mentors (esp. alum!)
- manages chapter database
- can have a couple individuals helping this person, 'ambassadors'
- Conference Coordinator
- Technical Coordinator / Webmaster
- point person (someone should nominate self (or board elects) to take this position when they get one below after elections)
You can run for a max of 2 roles. Order them by preference.
Running for: [Roles running for, in order of preference]