| Meeting Date
| Meeting Attendees
| Board Meeting?
| Core Meeting?
| Meeting Agenda
- Space -
- Where on campus are we going to have this?
- Will it cost money to rent space?
- Expected attendance
- Main Topics for Panels
- Activism vs. Copyright Reform
- Storytelling about projects and efforts of various chapters (successes and failures!)
- Dream, vision sharing
- Demoing useful techniques and tools for organizing
- What do we want people to get out of this thing?
- Do they make things while they are there? (Of course, yes. So what do they make?)]]
| Meeting Minutes
- Lessig has confirmed.
- Rooms are in the process of getting sorted out.
- 200 Person for the first day
- No other big event on that day at Berkeley
- BLT is at the law school and we could use a room there.
- We want to fly in people who are starting chapters.
- Berkeley can reserve the room on 21st of August
- Funding is on its way ... $5500/30k
- Fred is contacting more people now
- Primary expense is getting people there.
- Who is the Conduit? BLT can act as it.
- Funders write check to BLT.
- Day 1
- Copyright issues
- Digital Issues
- Day 2
- Learn how to be a student activist, etc.
- Should we have a theme?
- Tools for innovation, tools for organizing
- Want to talk to BLT
- Settle the theme next week.
- Over e-mail
- How do you settle issues / conflict over decisions?
- Consensus, no one really disagrees
- Day 1 seems the most complicated ... Day 2 is more straight forward
- What is the takeaway?
- Maybe we have to sort out the theme.
- Gain a particular awareness on the issues we're working on by the people in the Bay Area
- Connect people who want to get involved with students.
- How can the board help Berkeley chapter?