This is a list of schools with Free Culture groups or students interested in forming them. If your school is listed, feel free to contact the person below. If your school is not listed, please add it to the list and add your name as a contact.
The public version is here; if there's no contact info here, look there. We're in the process of syncing the two.
These guys have been around the block a few times.
- Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr, PA - Rebekah Baglini
- Franklin & Marshall College Lancaster, PA - Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock
- Swarthmore College Swarthmore, PA - Nelson Pavlosky
- New York University New York, NY - Inga Chernyak
- University of Florida Gainesville, FL - Gavin Baker - Florida Free Culture
They're real, but they're just getting started. Get involved, get the ball rolling. (Note: You can't be a fledgling group until you've actually talked to some people in the national organization. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be "official". People whom we have never talked to must belong in the "hypothetical" category. Also, leaving some form of contact info on your user page would be a friendly gesture.)
- Colby College Waterville, ME - Michael Wolk
- College of William and Mary Williamsburg, VA - Matt Price
- Columbia University New York, NY - Sid Srivastava
- Ohio University Athens, OH - Dan Corbett
- University of Evansville Evansville, IN - Andy Scudder
- Mounds Park Academy (High School) Saint Paul, MN - Eric Bailey - Met twice and plans are a-brewin'.
- Intellectual Property & Social Justice UC Davis School of Law (Davis, CA) - Eric Nguyen
- University of California, Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, CA - contact Aphid or see contact info on our blog/wiki to get in touch
- The Claremont Colleges Claremont, CA - Karen Rustad
- Emory University Atlanta, GA - Brian Pitts
- Emerson College Boston, MA-Andy McPherson
- Brown University Providence, RI-Rebecca Ryder Neipris
- Carleton Univeristy (Ottawa - Canada) - Justin Barca and our web page
- McGill Univeristy (Montreal - Canada) - Andrew Schaaf and our web page
- University of Toronto (Toronto - Canada) - Steven Chabot and our web page
- Harvard University Cambridge, MA - Elizabeth Stark
Students at the following schools are interested in founding a chapter. Contact them and see how you can lend a hand.
- Lee University Cleveland, TN - Michael Hall
- University of Chicago - Let me know if you want to help - Eli Albert
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI - Jeremy Wagner-Kaiser - Any and all interested are welcomed!
- Rochester Institute of Technology, U of R, and other schools in Rochester, NY - gathering momentum, please contact Luke Stodola email@example.com if interested. We now have a group page up on this wiki.
- University of Miami Miami, FL - Benjamin Li is thinking of starting a chapter. Email benli at(@) umiami dot(.) edu to discuss!
- University of Hawaii (Law) Honolulu, HI - Insufficient number of people and possibly different focus area as a law school than majority of campus groups.
- DePauw University Greencastle, IN - Chris Colvard
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA - Matthew Gordon
- University of Sussex UK - David Berry We recently ran the REMIX CULTURE SYMPOSIUM on May 6th 2005. It was very well attended and bought together lots of UK and Europeans interested in doing more. **Update** We are currently uploading videos of the event...
- University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa - Want to get things rolling at U Iowa? Contact ibm5_25 to discuss/help out
- I'm willing to start a chapter in Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you want to help, either by joining or giving advice, please contact me. Ignacio Cuenya
- Colgate University Hamilton, NY - Richa Agarwal
- Unicamp Campinas, SP (Brazil) - Luis Felipe
- Just a status update, even tough we don't really have a group here, we are trying to do some local videos with the help of people from the local indymedia.
- Peru (see Peru for more details) - Luis Gustavo Lira
- University of Alaska Fairbanks Fairbanks, Alaska - Hope to start recruiting this Fall. Open to collaboration with other UA schools. - Anthony Patarini
- University at Buffalo Buffalo, NY - Rohan Wilson We are looking to start a group on campus, still in the early stages.
- Rohan hasn't responded to my inquiries -- don't know if he's still around... In any case, I'm interested in starting a group this fall. Lackaff 21:27, 22 June 2006 (EDT)
- Hamsphire College Amherst, MA - Vikki Finnan
- Hamilton College Clinton, NY - David Riordan
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities, MN Charlie Moses
- Macalester College Twin Cities, MN- Erik
- University of Nebraska Omaha Omaha, NE- Bill
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong Hong Kong, China - Chpapa We had formed a small group (Our chinese website) in Hong Kong, organized a few conference, distributed some fliers, open-source software CD and presented our idea on local radio talk show (RTHK).
- FundaÃ§Ã£o GetÃºlio Vargas-Direito Rio in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) - also would love to talk to people at other universities in Rio who are interested in getting involved - Grace
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Juja, Kenya - We are starting out, want to help? Contact me Miano Njoka
Please move these into the appropriate category above.
- Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH - Jim Garrison
- Cornell University Ithaca, NY - Ross Housewright
- Duke University Durham, NC - Breck Yunits
- Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD - Asheesh Laroia is interested in participating. So contact me if you want to start a chapter!
- University of California, Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA- contact Molly if interestd in starting something up at UCSB
- University of California, San Diego San Diego, CA - Needs help: contact Daniel Goodman to lend a hand
- University of Conneticut Storrs, CT - John Schreiber
- Stanford University Stanford, CA - Jake Wachman
- University of California, Riverside Riverside, CA - Julian Krause
- University of Ottawa (Canada) - Andy Kaplan-Myrth and the ITLS
- China University of Political Science and Law (China) - Yong Liu
People who've contacted us
- University of Maine in Orono Orono, ME - Paul Bergeron (2005-02-09)
- Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY - Brian Carle (2005-01-04)
- Bard College Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - Katie Jacoby (2004-12-10)
- Portland State University Portland, OR - Scott Walter (2004-11-15)
- University of California, Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA - Brian Keyashian (2004-11-12)
- California State University, Chico Chico, CA - Spencer Crooks (2004-11-01)
- Illinois State University Normal, IL - Matthew Smith (2004-09-09)
- Lebanon Valley College Annville, PA - Ethan Swift (2004-04-20)
These chapters are dead or never existed in the first place, and our contact has either graduated or is no longer interested.
- Boston University Boston, MA - Steve Dionne
- Temple University Philadelphia, PA - Irene Shlain is thinking of starting a chapter and possibly planning a Free Culture event as early as Spring 2005; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
- University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX - Spencer Sharp
- University of Virginia (Law) Charlottesville, VA - Aaron Weiss (2004-11-17)
- Grinnell College Grinnell, IA - Sechyi Laiu (2004-10-02)
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey Camden, Newark, New Brunswick & Piscataway, NJ - Looking for interested undergrads and grads from the business and law schools. I am currently a law student at Rutgers-Newark. Feel free to contact me. Edward Mullins