This is a list of schools with Free Culture groups or students interested in forming them. If your school is listed, feel free to contact the person below. If your school is not listed, please add it to the list and add your name as a contact.
The public version is here; if there's no contact info here, look there. We're in the process of syncing the two.
These guys have been around the block a few times.
- Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr, PA - Rebekah Baglini
- Franklin & Marshall College Lancaster, PA - Nicholas Bergson-Shilcock
- Swarthmore College Swarthmore, PA - Nelson Pavlosky
They're real, but they're just getting started. Get involved, get the ball rolling. (Note: You can't be a fledgling group until you've actually talked to some people in the national organization. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be "official". People whom we have never talked to must belong in the "hypothetical" category. Also, leaving some form of contact info on your user page would be a friendly gesture.)
- Boston University Boston, MA - Steve Dionne
- Colby College Waterville, ME - Michael Wolk
- Columbia University New York, NY - Sid Srivastava
- Emory University Atlanta, GA - Desirina Boskovich
- University of Evansville Evansville, IN - Andy Scudder
- University of Florida Gainesville, FL - Gavin Baker - Florida Free Culture
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI - Jeremy Wagner-Kaiser - Any and all interested are welcomed!
- Mounds Park Academy (High School) Saint Paul, MN - Eric Bailey - Met twice and plans are a-brewin'.
- Intellectual Property & Social Justice UC Davis School of Law (Davis, CA) - Eric Nguyen
- University of California, Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, CA - contact Aphid or see contact info on our blog/wiki to get in touch
Students at the following schools are interested in founding a chapter. Contact them and see how you can lend a hand.
- Rochester Institute of Technology, U of R, and other schools in Rochester, NY - gathering momentum, please contact Luke Stodola email@example.com if interested. We now have a group page up on this wiki.
- University of Miami Miami, FL - Benjamin Li is thinking of starting a chapter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss!
- University of Hawaii (Law) Honolulu, HI - Insufficient number of people and possibly different focus area as a law school than majority of campus groups.
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey Camden, Newark, New Brunswick & Piscataway, NJ - Looking for interested undergrads and grads from the business and law schools. I am currently a law student at Rutgers-Newark. Feel free to contact me. Edward Mullins
- DePauw University Greencastle, IN - Chris Colvard
- University of Sussex UK - David Berry
- University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa - Want to get things rolling at U Iowa - Contact Tyson Wray to discuss/help out
Please move these into the appropriate category above.
- Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, OH - Jim Garrison
- Cornell University Ithaca, NY - Ross Housewright
- Duke University Durham, NC - Breck Yunits
- Harvard University (Law School) Cambridge, MA - Elizabeth Stark
- Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD - Asheesh Laroia is interested in participating. So contact me if you want to start a chapter!
- New York University New York, NY - Fred Beneson
- Temple University Philadelphia, PA - Irene Shlain is thinking of starting a chapter and possibly planning a Free Culture event as early as Spring 2005; contact email@example.com if interested
- University of California, Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA- contact Molly if interestd in starting something up at UCSB
- University of California, San Diego San Diego, CA - Needs help: contact Daniel Goodman to lend a hand
- University of Conneticut Storrs, CT - John Schreiber
- University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX - Spencer Sharp
- Yale University New Haven, CT - Sarah Mishkin
- Stanford University Stanford, CA - Jake Wachman
- University of California, Riverside Riverside, CA - Julian Krause
- University of Ottawa (Canada) - Andy Kaplan-Myrth and the ITLS
- China University of Political Science and Law (China) - Yong Liu
People who've contacted us
- University of Maine in Orono Orono, ME - Paul Bergeron (2005-02-09)
- Marist College Poughkeepsie, NY - Brian Carle (2005-01-04)
- Bard College Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - Katie Jacoby (2004-12-10)
- University of Virginia (Law) Charlottesville, VA - Aaron Weiss (2004-11-17)
- Portland State University Portland, OR - Scott Walter (2004-11-15)
- University of California, Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA - Brian Keyashian (2004-11-12)
- California State University, Chico Chico, CA - Spencer Crooks (2004-11-01)
- Grinnell College Grinnell, IA - Sechyi Laiu (2004-10-02)
- Illinois State University Normal, IL - Matthew Smith (2004-09-09)
- Lebanon Valley College Annville, PA - Ethan Swift (2004-04-20)