Archive:Free Culture 2010
The aim of this page is to provide a structure for the Free Culture 2010 unconference discussion around the future and focus of Students For Free Culture efforts.
2008-2010, Lessons Learned
The Open University Campaign (aka the Wheeler Doctrine) was formulated with enthusiasm and expected to become a major project of Free Culture efforts. Over a year and a half later some progress has been made, but the overall goals remain unmet and substantial work remains.
- What have been the major roadblocks to significant progress?
- Time/resources? Chapter involvement?
- Lack of institutional support?
- Is there significant intellectual disagreement on core principles of the campaign?
- If so, what is the common ground?
- What are the limitations of a student organization (if any)?
- How can SFC become a more effective advocate for Free Culture?
- How is Free Culture evolving generally, and what is SFC's relationship to that evolution?
- How can chapters be better supported?
- How can SFC as an organization best support the growth and activities of individual chapters?
- What do you want from a Board?