Archive:Move to gandi
This is the plan for moving the SFC web stuff to our VPN from Gandi. Once and for all.
UPDATE: We're working on it now and we're keeping notes in this pad: http://piratepad.net/3cFz5B9iLN
- our disk quote on gandi is 64gb
- our disk usage in japan is 56gb http://freeculture.org/space_usage.txt
- but we should check out how we can work things out given that gandi probably does something weird where 50 of those gb are in a folder at /media/storage or something
Parker and Asheesh will do this together in boston, over 3 3-hour sessions on jan 1st-3rd.
- Copy entire filesystem to GANDI
- Make it the live one
- Fight fires until they're over
Day by Day:
- the MySQL hilarity, which parker mostly handles
- Asheesh looks into the particulars of how we can copy the file system over and not break things, for example Gandi's remote management tools.
- 2, 3: If that goes well, copy the filesystem and fix things. then figure out what's still broken, and fix that.
Things to do during december so that this will work:
- make sure that we have enough space