Managing Discussion Email
You usually don't want dicussion list emails getting in your inbox and distracting you. You can do this by setting your software to send messages containing '[freecult-discuss]' in a subject line to another folder. Here's how to set various email clients to filter the messages for you.
- On the menu bar, click 'Tools', then select 'Message Filters...'
- A dialog box should appear. Click 'New...'
Enter the options you want. A straightforward configuration is to name the filter 'Freeculture.org Discuss', and below, enter these:
Below that, under 'Perform these actions', check 'Move to folder' and select the folder you want to send it to.
- Sign in. Click options link, near the top right. Click the 'mail' tab on the left sidebar.
- Click 'Custom Filters'. Click the 'New Filter' button. Enter the options you'd like--a screenshot of a basic configuration follows:
- Sign in. Click 'Mail options', near the top right.
Under the 'Spam' section, click 'Filters'. Click the 'Add' button. Enter the options you want. Here's the screenshot of a sample configuration:
(PS. These instructions worked when they were written, but since software interfaces may change rapidly, feel free to update them, including overwriting the screenshots. Thanks!)