Difference between revisions of "Archive:Microblogging"
(Created page with "== SFC accounts == * http://identi.ca/freeculture * http://twitter.com/freeculture * http://freelish.us/freeculture == How do I log in? == The passwords are in the minds and c...")
Revision as of 00:36, 18 April 2011
How do I log in?
The passwords are in the minds and caches of a random collection of people that includes *at least* all board members since 2009. This is not ideal but it is the stat quo as of this writing.
How do posts happen?
- People with the passwords can post but only a few do on a regular basis
- Posts to identi.ca automagically go to Twitter
- Posts to twitter do not go automagically go to identi.ca
- Pretty much anyone who @s freeculture will be re-tweeted
- board@ gets pinged by identi.ca about followers and mentions
What is appropriate to post?
Driscoll's idiosyncratic criteria for posting with @freeculture has been:
- News about the org
- News about a chapter
- News about a member
- Something cool that a chapter/member is doing or has written (new projects, blog posts)
- Take-action items of interest to chapters/members
- News from affiliated groups of interest to chapters/members (e.g.
Public Knowledge reacts to something happening in Congress)